Prosper Community Theatre (PCT) was established in 2017 as a vision of JR DeLaney. Inspired by his time as an artistic director of another local youth theater, he sought to bring live theater opportunities to the west side of Collin County and the surrounding communities. Seeking to bring theater to every child and adult in the area, PCT was established with the goal to be easily affordable to anyone that wanted to participate in any aspect of the theater: acting, technical, stage directing, dancing, singing, and so much more!
JR helped to establish the McKinney Arts Under the Stars program, bringing live theater and other arts to the community of McKinney for free thanks to generous sponsors! He also conducts workshops and master classes in a wide range of theater, having been acting or directing since the age of 5. JR loves serving the Prosper area and its surrounding communities and looks forward to tremendous growth!
PCT’s vision is to provide a platform for all area residents to witness performing arts performances and be inspired by its creativity and passion, grow the arts in Prosper and the surrounding communities, and to create a safe place for youth of all ages to pursue their dreams of theater and performance arts.
PCT’s mission is to:
- Create and produce innovative professional theater through original works, literary classics, folk and fairy tales and contemporary drama;
- Employ and collaborate with local professional artists;
- Develop a dynamic program that allows its members to grow not only as actors, but as leaders in the community;
- Build confidence, personal growth and responsibility in its performers and crews;
- Provide a safe and family-friendly environment where kids can learn, grow and perform;
- Run a successful theatre and programs by volunteers, sponsors and donations, not membership fees or performance fees.
Prosper Community Theatre is a 501(c)3 organization as recognized by the U.S. IRS.